Friday, December 12, 2008

A Cyber Adventure

Recently, I was emailed the following piece entitled, Law of the Garbage Truck. The reason I liked so much is because it is true. There are people who fit the description of being like a garbage truck. I wish I could say they come and go periodically in our lives, but the truth of the matter is that many of us face getting dumped on regularly. For some it is at work, for others it is at home, and for some it may be both. I would be amiss if I didn’t admit that I too have passed around my share of trash. That doesn’t fit into the person I want to be. So I had decided to keep the concept fresh in my mind and to share the “The Law . . . with my friends and family. Not knowing the author, I cited ‘author unknown’ and posted it and began writing the previous paragraph about learning how to detach from the ‘dumpers’ in our life. That is when a little cyber adventure began to unfold. My sister, Janis, that faithful blog reader, gave me a heads up about a comment that was written in connection with “The Law of the Garbage Truck”. The comment from Chris, (read it by clicking on the comments under the posting), an associate of David J. Pollay, the author, graciously gave me David’s name and the link to his blog. I immediately emailed Chris to thank him for identifying the author and offered to remove that piece if need be. Later, I received a reply that stated I could keep the post and informed my blog would be mentioned in tomorrow’s blog. Interesting! I guess I never thought my little blog would really be read by anyone outside my circle of blog followers. Maybe the circle is growing. I can only hope that someday I can write something as enlightening as “The Law of the Garbage Truck”. Until then, I hope David is encouraged to know that his work continues to encourage people. Just like the garbage in his story, it is being passed around; only this is good stuff, and it is exciting to see. I can live with dumping this kind of stuff.

No comments:

View of Ninilchik

View of Ninilchik

Precious Moments

  • The giggling of toddlers when it's suppose to be naptime
  • Watching my baby cuddle her baby
  • Feeling a hug so tight from little arms that hate to see you go.
  • A tabu belly laugh over Auden's dramatic reaction to well deserved disciplined. (My inability to contain myself leads to a self-imposed timeout to the pantry.)
  • Watching a two year old kiss a salmon.
  • Being privy to Auden's first casting practice aided by Buzz, the kitty.
  • The prideful sharing of going "poopie in the pottie".
  • A great meal of Bison preparded together.
  • Listening to the China Poot survival story as told by survivors Rick and Sarah.
  • Sitting on a rock on the shore of the Kachemak Bay watching the ebb and flow of the ocean.
  • Catching of glimpse of tender moments between Sarah and Jesse.

More Precious Moments

  • Getting busted by a two year old
  • Watchiing a child's refine the art of walking
  • Partaking in a child's first pony ride
  • Getting a rebuilt computer from Ebay for $234
  • Taking a mud bath plunge without dumping the toddler