Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's a Plan

Here I am. It is 5 o’clock on a Friday morning, and after several days of false starts, I did it. I am awake and up. I knew that I wanted to start getting up earlier, and I actually did wake up a couple mornings before this. After I managed to drag myself from the comfort of my warm bed, I was lost. I knew I wanted to do some writing, some stretching, and have some time to spend with God. Somehow, at 5 o’clock, when the room is chilly and dark, I couldn’t figure out where to start. So, of course, I just went back to bed. It was another perfect example of instant pleasure and pain avoidance. What helped me turn the corner? By some divine intervention, I found the answer just when I needed it. I opened the book I had been reading called Awakening the Giant by Tony Robbins. Right then it had the morning jumpstart I needed. Tony came up with some questions which he asks himself every morning. He calls them the Morning Power Questions. Right then and there, I knew this is where I needed to start. So with a plan at hand, I greeted this morning. A little time to meditate and sip some tea; a little time to journal; time to stretch’ and shower; and time write. This is all part of the plan; my five year plan. The greatest gift I can give myself is self-discipline. I know that if I can sacrifice one of my favorite indulgences, sleep, I will be empowering myself to climb that metaphorical mountain of becoming the person I want to be. Today, I have found my way through a long-standing barrier on my ascent to greater realized potential. Getting up early may seem like a small feat for some. For me, this morning was a significant trek at the foot of the mountain; merely the beginning. The good news is; I have a plan.

No comments:

View of Ninilchik

View of Ninilchik

Precious Moments

  • The giggling of toddlers when it's suppose to be naptime
  • Watching my baby cuddle her baby
  • Feeling a hug so tight from little arms that hate to see you go.
  • A tabu belly laugh over Auden's dramatic reaction to well deserved disciplined. (My inability to contain myself leads to a self-imposed timeout to the pantry.)
  • Watching a two year old kiss a salmon.
  • Being privy to Auden's first casting practice aided by Buzz, the kitty.
  • The prideful sharing of going "poopie in the pottie".
  • A great meal of Bison preparded together.
  • Listening to the China Poot survival story as told by survivors Rick and Sarah.
  • Sitting on a rock on the shore of the Kachemak Bay watching the ebb and flow of the ocean.
  • Catching of glimpse of tender moments between Sarah and Jesse.

More Precious Moments

  • Getting busted by a two year old
  • Watchiing a child's refine the art of walking
  • Partaking in a child's first pony ride
  • Getting a rebuilt computer from Ebay for $234
  • Taking a mud bath plunge without dumping the toddler