Saturday, April 18, 2009

Headed for a Messy Breakup

It was bound to happen. In many ways, I have been thinking of nothing else. For too long, things have been the same day in and day out. Just when I thought I couldn’t take it anymore, a change is on the horizon. I know it is going to be a dirty affair, and mud is going to fly. But, when all is said and done, it will be worth it all. I am taking about “breakup’. That Alaskan term that refers to the melting of all that is winter.

We have the same phenomenon in Wisconsin, and I imagine there is technically a ‘breakup” anywhere winter makes way to spring. Perhaps it a little more dramatic in Alaska because everyone is so sick of winter they will are brought the edge of a mental 'breakup'. What seems to be the most difficult thing to deal with is that the days are 15 hours long, but that is irrelevant because there is still two feet of snow an on the grown. If that doesn’t drive you crazy nothing will.

So, as I hear news of 58 degree temperatures and green grass, I get a little impatient. More than ever, I wish I were home playing in the dirt of my garden and soaking up the warmth of sun rays that actually have some heat in them. Break up will do me a world of good. It’s bound to happen. In many ways, I have been thinking of nothing else.

No comments:

View of Ninilchik

View of Ninilchik

Precious Moments

  • The giggling of toddlers when it's suppose to be naptime
  • Watching my baby cuddle her baby
  • Feeling a hug so tight from little arms that hate to see you go.
  • A tabu belly laugh over Auden's dramatic reaction to well deserved disciplined. (My inability to contain myself leads to a self-imposed timeout to the pantry.)
  • Watching a two year old kiss a salmon.
  • Being privy to Auden's first casting practice aided by Buzz, the kitty.
  • The prideful sharing of going "poopie in the pottie".
  • A great meal of Bison preparded together.
  • Listening to the China Poot survival story as told by survivors Rick and Sarah.
  • Sitting on a rock on the shore of the Kachemak Bay watching the ebb and flow of the ocean.
  • Catching of glimpse of tender moments between Sarah and Jesse.

More Precious Moments

  • Getting busted by a two year old
  • Watchiing a child's refine the art of walking
  • Partaking in a child's first pony ride
  • Getting a rebuilt computer from Ebay for $234
  • Taking a mud bath plunge without dumping the toddler