Friday, April 24, 2009

That Poor Wall

Boogers are not a topic for polite discussion. Like many otherwise discrete functions common to man, discussions tend to get brought up and often result in a chuckle. You hear colorful stories on prime time, read about some embarrassing moments on Facebook, or even fall partake in lively conversation about them with family or friends. We can it gross and pretend we are above such tasteless chatter, but truth be known, these natural processes of life never cease to amuse us.

Case in point: My three year old granddaughter and I were stretched out on her bed reading one of her favorite stories before bedtime. I looked over and noticed that Auden was preoccupied with her index finger stuck up her nose. Being the grandma I am, I couldn’t help but ask what she planned to do with her finger after she got what she was digging for. The little darling lowered her head, turned towards the wall and looked back at me with those bring brown eyes . . . and pointed.

I am not sure why I considered this particular funny. Had I actually seen the aftermath, I am sure I would not have been very humorous. It might have been her honesty, or even her comical way of silently communicating her intentions. One thing is for sure. I am going to remember this ‘booger story’ so I can pass it on when she is old enough to really to be as amused as I am.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I bet there are more walls than just that one heehee and I can hardly wait for my wall decorations

View of Ninilchik

View of Ninilchik

Precious Moments

  • The giggling of toddlers when it's suppose to be naptime
  • Watching my baby cuddle her baby
  • Feeling a hug so tight from little arms that hate to see you go.
  • A tabu belly laugh over Auden's dramatic reaction to well deserved disciplined. (My inability to contain myself leads to a self-imposed timeout to the pantry.)
  • Watching a two year old kiss a salmon.
  • Being privy to Auden's first casting practice aided by Buzz, the kitty.
  • The prideful sharing of going "poopie in the pottie".
  • A great meal of Bison preparded together.
  • Listening to the China Poot survival story as told by survivors Rick and Sarah.
  • Sitting on a rock on the shore of the Kachemak Bay watching the ebb and flow of the ocean.
  • Catching of glimpse of tender moments between Sarah and Jesse.

More Precious Moments

  • Getting busted by a two year old
  • Watchiing a child's refine the art of walking
  • Partaking in a child's first pony ride
  • Getting a rebuilt computer from Ebay for $234
  • Taking a mud bath plunge without dumping the toddler